Waiting on Wednesday

On this Waiting on Wednesday meme, we feature some of the most anticipated titles in SFF releasing this year. This week, we turn the spotlight on the upcoming epic fantasy debut, The First Binding by RR Virdi. Having gotten an early copy of this door-stopper mammoth, I am super excited about the references to the mythos of South Asia, having shaped this twisty, epic narrative. Lots of noted authors have poured in their love and appreciation for Virdi's work ('Crafted with patience, passion and, most importantly, tremendous love. Read R.R. Virdi'  Jim Butcher) - and I cannot wait to find out for myself! 

Here's the blurb: 

"All legends are born of truths. And just as much lies. These are mine. Judge me for what you will. But you will hear my story first.

I buried the village of Ampur under a mountain of ice and snow. Then I killed their god. I've stolen old magics and been cursed for it. I started a war with those that walked before mankind and lost the princess I loved, and wanted to save. I've called lightning and bound fire. I am legend. And I am a monster.

 

My name is Ari.

 

And this is the story of how I let loose the first evil.


Thus begins the tale of a storyteller and a singer on the run and hoping to find obscurity in a tavern bar. But the sins of their past aren't forgotten, and neither are their enemies. Their old lives are catching up swiftly and it could cost them the entire world. No one can escape their pasts and all stories must have an ending."


Releases on Aug 18th by Gollancz. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avengers: Infinity War - Movie Review

Netflix Saturdays: Asuran (Movie Review Tamil)

Movie Review: Vada Chennai